Easily find issues by searching: #<Issue ID>
Easily find members by searching in: <username>, <first name> and <last name>.
Example: Search smith, will return results smith and adamsmith
The Function Series introduced in Aqua Data Studio are a special series that make use of other data series for their data values. The function series have several options, all of which are configurable. You can select any of the function series to be combined with the standard chart types already available in ADS. These series are considered Virtual Series, as Aqua Data Studio generates the series based on user settings within the Chart Options > Series when viewing a chart created from Query Results.
For each of the series, you may also enable the display of the function metadata. The Linear Regression function contains the Slope and Y-Intercept as the metadata and displays them within the chart when "Show Function MetaData" is enabled.
Using Function Series
Below are the steps to add a function series to an existing chart. (See the Working with Pivot Grids and Charts for more information on Pivot Grid Charts and Grid Charts)
1. Execute the query in the Query Analyzer, select Category, and Series for a Chart Type.
2. To add a Function Series, click on Chart Options.
3. Go to the Chart Options. Click on the icon with a '+' sign which says Add Function Series.
4. In the Chart Options pane, locate the newly added function series.
5. Click on Function Drop Down within the Series Options for Add, Subtract, Scalar, Power, Log, Moving Average, and Linear Regression.
6. You can specify Function Parameters as a comma-separated list of values.
7. For Function series Linear Regression slope and y-intercept you can display Function Metadata.
The current functions that may be used are: